Thursday, August 28

Stumble Upon Toolbar
If I thought I had a public to dissapoint, I would apologize for the long lapses between blog entries. However, I'm fairly certain I don't, so I don't feel the need. Sorry ^_^

Library school kicked off officially this week. I was ready: I had my notebooks, my textbooks, my loose leaf paper, my pens and pencils, and my mind was fairly itching for something more stimulating than the debate over how much ice should really go into a frappucino. And what I got was... underwhelming. Perhaps it's four years of the 'hit the ground running' mentality of Thomas More (The first 200 pages of Dostoyevsky's the Possessed: go) but I find "read the syllabus and post a hello message on the discussion board" to be a waste of an entire week. We only have 14 of them after all.

Outside of all that? The few things that I really truly want to explore I haven't been able to. However, I might be getting a kick start on those, one I don't mind sharing. Since most of you are aware of my Junior Project on James Wilson, I'll spare long winded explanations. Simply put, there are only 2 books that have been written about him. Ever. In the 200+ year history of this country. There are more books about Gouverneur Morris and exactly how well is he known? Not that he doesn't deserve the attention. If you've ever marveled at the simple poetic natrue of the Constitutional Preamble, you can thank Morris for it. My point being, Wilson is largely seen as the author of the Executive and the Electoral College, the second most powerful man at the Constitutional Convention behind Madison, was one of the original Supreme Court justices, spurred the 11th amendment on with a single judicial decision, compiled the first comprehensive overview of American Law, and was the 2nd law professor in the whole COUNTRY. And no one knows who he is. So it has been suggested to me that I write a book about this poor man who's theory was so important and who has been forgotten by history because of the unforgivable sin of wanting to be rememberd and falling into debt through land speculation. It'll take at least 5 years because I'm so piecemeal, but I think I'm going to do it. Nifty, huh?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home