Monday, August 4

Notes from the trenches...

Stumble Upon Toolbar
So I have 10 minutes until the afternoon lectures commence, and it's the first chance in two weeks that I've had a moment to blog.

I have found a new restaurant in Tucson that is worth the trip down here all by itself. It's an English pub called Frog and Firken and it's amazing. Google it.

Music libraries? Have no standard of cataloging and classification. The section that's not accounted for in the schemes? Recordings. Yes, you heard me, there's no room for recorded music in the music classification scheme.

I'm doing my issues paper on filtering, rather then my chosen topic, which apparently was too forward thinking. Look for my old topic to appear often in this space in the future.

I'm amazed that no one in class this morning could/wanted to define what the purpose of a catalog is. Oy.

I'm done on Thursday!!!! Back to Phoenix I go, armed with some new knowledge, but mainly the experience of a 'real live university.'

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home