Monday, July 14

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Another day, another dollar. Today is the first day of my independent study period. For the next year and a half, I will be attending the University of Arizona's School of Information Resources and Library Science to achieve a Master's degree. Sounds all manner of fun don't it? And for those of you scratching your head saying "School to be a librarian? Huh?" Yes, that's what it is, but it's so much more!

For starts, I have a good bit of reading and thinking and learning to do. My undergraduate work is both an asset and a handicap. I'm very familiar with the Thomas More Library, but that has little to no analogue in the outside world. I'm also familiar with relying on the written and published word, on readings that are tangibly held, on BOOKS! Funnily enough, in this program, I have very few books. It's enough to make my bibliophilic heart weep. So, in honor of this very scary foray into a more typical college experience, I re-christen this blog "Once more, With Feeling!" Yes, it's a reference to Buffy, but it's also a fairly good summation of what's running through my head at the moment. School again, but I have to put more feeling into it, because goodness knows they won't. I got spoiled by my little liberal arts experience. I knew my professors very well, and they cared what I did and how I did and when I sprained my ankle. Now? I've got to put all that care and concern in myself. No one will do it for me. How can you care about students that you see for one class and never again? If you see them at all, since most classes are online.

In other news, Starbucks has a new drink launch tomorrow. Ya'll should check it out. I don't think I'm allowed to say WHAT it is, but it should make the back side of the bar just soooooo much more fun. Hopefully it's good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home