Thursday, August 7

The end is just the beginning...

Stumble Upon Toolbar
So they say at least. As of 2pm today, I'm done with the face to face portion of IRLS 504, "Librarian Boot Camp." Most of my graduating classmates are winding down summer, or working. Summer has been over for me since before it began. I spent the early part of my summer fighting to get into grad school, then working to make enough money to go to grad school. And my grad school started in July. It's both good and bad. My prgram requires twice as many credits as the average Master's program. So you can see that I'm feeling a little...overaught, especially when reminded of the great summers had by all the people I know. I'm trying to overcome that, but it's just not working.

On the other hand, I haven't got time to feel sorry for myself, or really thinkg about anything above the basic automoton level. It's a rough way to say goodbye to your youth: running from undergraduate level stuff to a professional graduate program full of people who lived it up when they were your age. Granted that's why they're there at their age and not my age. Still...but no.

504 was fun, packed as all get out, but fun. I'm glad that I'm done with it, because the whole thing was sort of like 3/4 of the JP semester crammed into one week. However, I now know that there is such a thing as metadata, that cataloging is NOT the career of choice these days if you want to actually be in a library, that public librarianship is big but you can only really catch a break if you enter as a children's librarian (and really, how many of those do you need in one branch?), that I have an odd ability to be a smartass and therefore show up people twice my age (whoopsy), and that this program is more disorganzied then almost anything TMC attempted.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home